Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Mother Dearest!


Happy Birthday Mom! I made this cake for you (and ate it too).

I hope you don't think of this aging thing as bad
But as another blessed year that the rest of us have had.
To have you in our lives, it brightens every day
Even if you are a plane ride across the pond away.
Oh, the hilarious memories I have of you
And that echoing laugh that you handed down too
The clever cotton ball trails you left for us to see
Easter bunny's cotton tail! how excited we would be
The surprises you left on my bed in the night
For friends of mine only a fraction of my height
The mall scavenger hunt you made for my birthday
My favorite theme party, "whos line is it anyway?"
The county fair for people watching and terrible food
Those Beck sisters sure can cure any bad mood
My new years party senior year...and i'll stop there
Having another one of those, I wouldn't even dare
You've been more than any daughter could ask for
An inspiration, a best friend and never a bore
My voice of reason and my appreciation for life
A happy thoughtful soul even in times of strife
So today don't think about turning one more year
But celebrate what you've given us, your thoughtfulness and cheer.

Love you and see you soon!

love, k

3 comments:

  1. Happy Easter little lady!! I'm sitting here with your seester, reading your blog...freaking hilarious...love it!! I'm happy to see you're doing well. Miss you tons! Take care and hope to see you soon. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWW, love this KT!! And I too, remember the mall scavenger hunt. Stripper anyone?? Yikes! Your mom has also given me many years of laughs and love! She's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best gift ever! stripper....jenny? wish i still had those polaroids!
    Thanks girls! Love you!

    ReplyDelete